3.30.2010

Whole drifts of pages









below, an incomplete list (in no particular order) of the books I have at home that are waiting to be read--books that I have purchased or asked for on purpose in the past couple of years:







Ishiguro, Never Let Me Go.
Ishiguro, The Remains of the Day.
Johnson, The Invention of Air.
Pascal, Pensees.
Mattingly, An Imperial Possession:  Britain in the Roman Empire.
Tolstoy, War and Peace. (this may be my summer project)
Bolano, 2666.
DFW, Consider the Lobster.
McCann, Let the Great World Spin.
Bacigalupi, The Windup Girl.
Heller, Catch-22.
Sides, Ghost Soldiers.
Norman & Norman, Tears in the Darkness.
Mantel, Wolf Hall.
The Artist, The Philosopher, and the Warrior.
MVL, The Bad Girl.
Naylor, Mama Day.
Solzhenitsyn, One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovitch.

I don't put these in to indicate anything other than how ridiculous it is that I have so many books in my own house that I am queuing up to read.   I certainly don't see it as a mark of virtue or anything like that!

I would put in all those near-obligatory Amazon links, but I'm too lazy.

1 comment:

Dad said...

What a very interesting and challenging lineup of books. I am not sure how you do it being a college professor, a great husband to a great wife, a great father to 3 incredible sons, and still find time to ride your bike and read such an incredible list of books. I hope you enjoy every one of these things beyond measure.