1.25.2009

Parings



**
We went to the basketball game here at our Local Institution last night. It's hard to imagine that it's the same kind of event we used to attend at the Dean Dome. I'm not saying this one is inferior--it's just so different. Do love live basketball, though (can't stand watching it on tv).

**
At work, lots of positive talk about the candidate from last week. The key question: "but was she interested in us??"

**
I taught 'improv' sunday school this morning. Our usual teacher came down ill suddenly, and wouldn't you know it: a full classroom, with visitors. So I had to wing it (I'm the relief pitcher). I perhaps made a little bit of something out of nothing.

**
I suffer from what some of my readers probably suffer: the tendency to picture the weekend as either filled with really productive work, or leisurely julep-sipping. In reality: I wake up late and lazy, the biscuits take a good while to make, then eat, then clean up, and then there's writing in the journal if I can manage it, and then: whatever chore is so pressing that it can no longer reasonably be ignored. This time it was the mountain of recycling in the garage that needed to be shuttled to the facility on campus. Oh, and The Little Boy wants to play Lego Star Wars. Maybe it's the nature of life with little children, hmmm? I oughta get with the program!

**
As I described last week, I think I've turned a corner, and I'm thankful for two light-filled weeks.

**

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The picture of Andrew finding Simon or Syndey under the couch---favorite. Also. The last thing on your blog. Makes me think of something I like.