1.17.2009

clippings











Week One down. An exhausting, encouraging week, not so much for what happened in the classroom, though that was fine; it was most encouraging because of what happened within me.

**
I had forgotten, however, just how chaotic the first week can be. Some of that is my doing : I fell behind in my prep work, and never really did catch up. Next week: the meetings start with a vengeance. Ahhhh, part two of the job. If I can get part three going (think Martin Marprelate), I'll be in great shape.

**
I suspect, given this past week and the emails that went back and forth, that this will be called The Semester of the Budget--or, The Semester of the Disappearing Budget. We're just hoping that it doesn't become the Semester of the Disappearing Faculty!

**
My household acquired a Wii this week. What's amazing is just how much money one can drop even after one's dropped the significant amount for the console itself. We used gift money for it. The only reason I bring that up is that our normal practice has been to use gift money for things like radial tires, new plumbing fixtures, or a replacement window or three. So! It was a big moment. And we are having fun with the games as well. I'm passable at tennis & bowling, and have recently figured out how to actually hit the ball in baseball. Boxing: not so much.

**
Little Red has really gotten the knack of walking. Lots of falling down, lots of frustration, but he can go just about anywhere now. He definitely prefers it to crawling. Doesn't really help him get any closer to the kitties, but that's another story. Maybe I should post video if we can get some.

**
Phrase of the week: "What a crazy random happenstance!"

**
Still working hard at maintaining the equilibrium. It wavered a good deal today, but perhaps it'll hold.

**
I do not fully understand, but I'm beginning to think that I don't need to.

No comments: