1.13.2009

For the next turn in the road



















The first days of class have been so uncommonly good, I don't know whether to check myself for fever, or to pinch myself for dreaming. Monday morning was not particularly promising, but at around 8:00 it was as if someone threw a switch, and I just stopped worrying. I stopped feeling that tight band around my chest. I walked into my first class feeling like I was . . . light. It has been a long time since I could say that. Trying hard not to fall into discounting it as an aberration or relying that things are all going to be okay from now onward.

Who knows what will come next week, or next month? I might run into something that shatters my equilibrium. I might find an unexpected reward in persevering. I might just keep going. But here's something new: I'm not worried about it. Not for now.

It's hard to say how much this feels like freedom--

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hot Damn! For whatever the reason, for whatever comes next. I am just thankful for the last 2 days!