12.19.2008

Tinsel


















I had anticipated a week wherein we would all be holly jolly; I was going to read some, maybe get on the bike (albeit on the trainer, but still), do a few minor chores inside & out. I was going to catch up on my rest, maybe take a nap in the afternoon as usually happens after exam week is over.

Instead: Little Red gets strep (third time!!!); The Little Boy gets a stomach bug, which then does what stomach bugs do. We have an ice storm. So: Everyone cooped up in this little house, feeling like krap. Only today, being the end of the week, have things improved to "human" level around here. Glad we got this stuff done with before next week.

***
I got back in touch with someone from college this week; it's been fun & even a little nostalgic catching up and sharing stories. Funny how each remembers different things.

***
I've spent a good deal of time with Little Red this week, and it's fascinating to see the ways that he is nothing like his older brother. He's can't talk, for instance. And he's really got to work on his walking and his eating solid foods. ha! ha! just kidding! For real: Little Red is far more likely to show displeasure, especially by throwing things or swiping them out of my hand. I tried to show him a toy earlier today, and he grabbed it from me, and immediately threw it on the ground. The Little Boy never did anything like that. uh oh.

***
Little Red has a zillion toys & books; they're often carpeting the den. What does he play with? Electrical cords. Scraps of paper. XBox controllers. My computer. Parents ought to avoid all the colorful plastic stuff and instead collect old cellphones, pda's, and other junk--their babies will be perfectly well entertained!

***
Tea: still not getting it done. Not even close.

***
The next ten days: Nashville. Fun for everyone, I'm sure, but especially the grandparents.

***
I'm tired. I'm tired of fighting myself, tired of taking the medicine, tired of digging through my past, tired of driving to UC for doctor's appointments. There's a lot more, but that would veer into self-pity. I am grateful that I'm in a much more stable place than I was two months ago, also thankful for the ones who really shouldered some burdens when I was too weak. You know who you are (if you're reading)

No comments: