12.13.2008

chaff.













Yes it's true what you said . . . I live like a hermit in my own head
. . . the doctor made an observation on Wednesday that I found pretty revealing. He noted that about half a dozen times during a conversation, I will look down, visibly withdraw, and remain in that posture for a few moments. That's when things go through my head that remain unspoken. It's been that way for a long time, but the grad school years pretty much fixed the tendency. That internal censor has become very powerful.

Naturally, he wants me to break free from its control.
***
With the semester completely done, I'm surprised at just how tired & sad I am. It's not the joyous feeling of release, especially given all that has happened, that I had expected.
***
Parents about to leave for the Philippines. I'd love to join them.
***
Speaking of doctors, I'm pretty sure I missed an appointment yesterday afternoon. I was so wrapped up in the grades, etc., that it completely slipped my mind. This after I showed up an hour late last time. Dammit.
***
Buying a present for someone without asking what is desired first--i.e., just going with your instincts--is a risky business. Sometimes you have to hope for credit in the attempt. Or hope for generous return policies.
***
Little Boys who've had a flu vaccine = grouchy
***
The rest of this Saturday will be busy. I guess naps have to wait until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The answer must be in the attempt. I learned that from Before Sunrise.