4.09.2010

I'm not a prophet, promise.

















But I will point out that I've already said publicly that one of the markers of conflict when there's a  status & power differential between two parties in a conflict is that the powerful party tends to be the one constantly calling for  "civility" and "restraint"--on the part of the critics:
The congresswoman told the audience she shared their frustration over jobs lost and economic hardships.
She also asked for civility and drew a parallel between outbursts on the floor of Congress and in the meeting at Londonderry Town Hall.
"It is disappointing," she said. "Can we disagree without personal attacks?"

I don't know Carol Shea-Porter from Adam's Housecat, and apart from my general antipathy toward members of our governing body, I don't have anything against her. I just couldn't help but remark on her cry for civility, since it appears to be in line with what I've previously asserted.

No comments: