8.09.2009

X&Y

















Today, during church, I had to help in the Big Brother's room. The individuals scheduled to work in his classroom couldn't be bothered to show up, so I and another woman (SC) filled in. No problem.

There were three boys and about six girls in there; when I walked in, the boys were doing what boys do--playing superheroes (i.e., Spiderman, Batman, etc.). This struck my SC as particularly objectionable, so she scolded the boys, and they piped down.

Another lady walks in a few minutes later, and SC says, "we're doing fine, but the B-O-Y-S have been a problem." This as the three of them are sitting quietly at a table playing with little people and cars and planes.

Lady, that's called them being boys, not problems. Get a *@^#% grip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

t-rex + fighter jet = all kinds of awesomeness. All it needs is some ninjas...

That picture makes me want to spend an afternoon on adventures with Calvin and Hobbes. I don't think any comic strip will ever come close to matching C&H for me.