8.01.2009

shavings























We drove to Paducah today, hoping to find some stuff and have some fun. The children did okay for a little while, but by the time we returned to our homestead, there was distinct grouchiness in the air. Little Red is not shy about letting us know when he's miffed.

**
However, it appears that we've had success with Operation Binky 2009. I put Little Red in his bed just a few minutes ago, and the only noise I heard from in there was "arrrgghhhhararrraaaaghh," which, since he's a barbarian, is a happy noise.

**
Meanwhile, the Big Brother is a complete space cadet. Not sure what the deal is, but he'll do things that we find completely inexplicable, and when we call him on the carpet for it, he'll just kinda blink and say, "sorry." Unfortunately, he seems to be quite focused when it comes to giving Little Red a hard time. It got him in big trouble today.

**
Our neighbor has decided it's time to cook tons of barbecue. He's got one of those trailer-style rigs in his back yard, and let me tell you: it smells good. Rumor has it we're going to get a pound or so for ourselves. We'll see.

He better not start doing whole hog, though. That's my turf.

**
I thought I had more, but it's late, so I guess the remainder will have to wait.

(picture original: link.)

No comments: