8.03.2009

Since it's evident that no one really knows,























Since the precepts I thought I had learned have failed to be sufficient for real life,

Since my efforts to be all to all were doomed to fail from the beginning,

Since God and Fate will have their way,

I'm keeping my own counsel from here on out.
Why, look you now, how unworthy a think you make of me! You would play upon me, you would seem to know my stops, you would pluck out the heart of my mystery, you would sound me from my lowest note to the top of my compass; and there is much music, excellent voice, in this little organ, yet cannot you make it speak. 'Sblood, do you think I am easier to be play'd on than a pipe? Call me what instrument you will, though you fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.
(3.2.343-351)

No comments: