2.10.2009

You better look out below!













5:30: awake.
7:00 - 8:00: prepping for the day's class. check up on email & news.
8:00 - 9:15: class #1. Comments on my shirt. We discuss Gulliver. Nerdy reference: Tolkien
9:15 - 9:30: in the office. Student comes by to pick up a document.
9:30 - 10:45: class #2. Comments about my hair, including one student who has seen via Fb some pictures from my hair farmer days. Yes, I really had curly hair. We discuss Gulliver, with a few more rabbits chased than in the first period. Nerdy reference: Rowling. Bonus nerdy reference: Star Trek.
10:45 - 12:00: Office work. Taking care of correspondence, some other busy work.
12:00 - 2:00: emergency trip home to take care of some problems that came up unexpectedly (not involving Little Boy or Little Red, who were at day care anyway).
2:00 - 3:00: read agenda for upcoming meeting. Conversation with friend.
3:00 - 5:30: Longest Faculty Senate Meeting Ever. Cookies much appreciated.
5:30 - 6:20: Snappy Tomato with spouse and boys. Other customers charmed by Little Red and Little Boy.
6:20 - 7:00: In office, figuring out how I'm going to spend the rest of the evening.
7:00 - 8:20: Phi Kappa Phi Muriel Tomlinson Lecture, including a defiant introductory statement by the chair of a department in my college. Cookie I grab on the way out: satisfactory.
8:30: home.
9:00: Wii.
10:00: class prep for Wednesday.

Please don't look at this as a "look at me and how busy I am." It's just a way to say "this was my day, during the busiest week (so far) of the year." What's not on here that I wish were on here: an extended period of reading.

(picture: gary taxali dot com)

No comments: