2.19.2013

Monday Update, President's Day Holiday Edition


So Lefty turned three!  He was very excited about his Batman birthday cake, and all the various superhero toys he received.  He was also very excited that all the grandparents were able to come.  The thing that got the most laughter, however, was when Little Red kept shouting "look what WE got!" every time a present was opened.

He is a gift to all of us, but especially to his mother.

I am now working on a new project: an application to a pretty big-time seminar at the Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington DC.  When I first looked at the application and the descriptions, my heart shriveled up inside me:  how could I possibly qualify for something like this?? Look where I work! Look at my publication record! Look how not-well-connected I am! But lest I should be a hypocrite, I will apply the same logic I proffer to my students:  you can't be accepted if you don't apply, and the worst they can say is "no thanks."  So July will either be really busy in DC, or really busy here in NWTN.

Still waiting on that sign.  The gutter fell off the house yesterday, but I'm not sure that counts.



1 comment:

Dad said...

Great time at the birthday party for "Lefty." I will continue to pray for the "sign" you are looking for. I would like to have a day just for you and me to sit down and talk about that. I remember well what I went through at that point in my life and it was an awakening for me. So much more to say but not here. I will await a word from you on how all this is working out including your application. I love you son!