2.04.2013

Monday Update, Black Dog Edition


The past few weeks have been difficult, especially at work. Given the difficulty, it's probably unsurprising that the ol' psychological immune system had gotten compromised, and the result:




It it hard for others to understand that this sometimes comes on me for no good reason...even when nothing is identifiably "wrong."
But it's not all bad news. In some ways, when this comes on me it is a clarifying situation: I have this-and-this to attend to, and cannot spend any energy on superfluous stuff, distractions from the duties before me. I just accept the reality that my pool of resources has gotten low...and behave accordingly.

We did erect a basketball goal this past weekend. It's small, and would not stand up to slam dunks, but Number One Son loves it...and is not likely to be throwing down a tomahawk dunk any time soon.

Meanwhile, Little Red got totally absorbed in LEGO Batman 2 and actually played most of the way through it. He prefers it if I play with him.

Trying to get everyone well. It isn't easy when all the little ones are sickly.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: