7.16.2011

vroom!


















I have vivid memories of visits to the Tropical Hut supermarket near where we lived in Quezon City when I was a child.  They had a toy counter outside, just in front of the main entrance.  Arrayed in neat rows behind the glass were boxes upon boxes like the one above (I am almost positive that was the name of the company).  I'm sure we bugged my mother to death over those little cars.

This comes to mind because Little Red has started carrying around fistfuls--or shirtfuls--or bucketfuls-- of Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars.  Apparently, this is the same age where Number One Son got all interested in Thomas the Tank Engine.  For Little Red, it's cars.  Honey was nice enough to get him a new carrying case today, so he doesn't have to use the bucket anymore.

Needless to say, The Youngest is not allowed to touch them.  Or even come within a 10 foot radius of them.

1 comment:

MOM said...

I remember the showcase at Tropical Hut. Little boys' eyes looking at another car/truck that they don't yet have. You crashed plenty of those trucks against the driveway wall or even the bedroom wall. They looked like Demolition Derby cars!