5.02.2011

Monday Update, Half Marathon Edition.



1.  We went to Nashville to support The Runner in her third half-marathon.  We camped out at FBC and waited for her to run by on Broadway, which she did, and then we met her at the end of the race.  She looked like she had barely run three miles--and though she said it "kicked her tail," it turns out that she ran a personal best.  We were most proud of her, and the weather was perfect.  I got her a banana split to celebrate.

2.  This week's illness courtesy of The Vulcan Baby--maybe.  Not sure what his deal is, but he's been running a fever and managed to throw up his entire lunch and breakfast in his car seat about 30 minutes into our drive home yesterday.

3.  My honors student passed her honors thesis defense with flying colors on Friday.  Everyone was really impressed with her work, and I was proud to be her advisor & friend.

4.  Today is the last day of class for this term.  Not a day too early, either.  Good heavens, what a grind.

5.  I received good news on Friday; The Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs informed me that he has recommended my application for tenure and promotion to the Chancellor.  It's now a fait accompli, but it's bemusing to watch the process drag on...and on...and on...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew about the first 4 but somehow no one mentioned the last one. Hmmmm. Sorry I missed that one. I would have gotten you a banana split to celebrate your accomplishment. Very proud of my S-I-L. M-I-L

Dad said...

In the midst of things as they are, good news is always welcomed. And the news about your tenure is definitely good news. I hope you will read this comment and know that your Mom and Dad are elated and very proud of their professor son. You have definitely found your niche in life and it must be encouragng to know that others view your efforts and abilities with high regard as well. Congratulations son!