5.03.2011

Adventures with Students, vol. 30
























I have seen some of the most interesting people and situations this term--most of them varying in their intensity but not their tenor.  It's been a lot of sadness.  On Friday, for instance, I got this in a written response to the class period:
My girlfriend and I have been together for almost three years now.  We had decided it may be time to get married once we graduate but after today I am seriously reconsidering this.  I don't think I am quite ready to give up everything you were talking about.  I just turned 20, and I plan to graduate in a little less than two years, so that would put me at 22.  I think I'm gonna have to put the marriage thing off for awhile.  I'm telling my girlfriend it was because of you.  Haha
I'm not sure what I said to cause this reaction.  We were studying Rasselas, for what it's worth.

I'm not going to email him and tell him he's making the right call--though I think he is.  He has seemed remarkably unhappy.

No comments: