5.16.2011

Monday Update, End of Semester Edition


  • I got so sick on Thursday that I had to come home in a rush. . . on a day I had reserved for calculation of final grades for my 5 classes.  Well.  I did calculate grades, albeit in a kind of delirium due to some severe gastrointestinal difficulty.  Thus, a grueling semester comes to an end.  I slept that whole afternoon.
  • It was a pleasure to see ELC, my university scholar, come to the triumphant end of her career.  Won't see another like her for quite some time, I fear.  I'm going to miss seeing her every week (and often more than once a week).
  • There have only been a couple of complaints about grades, so I'm feeling pretty sanguine about all that . . . it was a grueling semester.  I could use about three or four straight days of nothing but sleep.  Toward the end there I could tell that the toll was more than just fatigue:  chronic heartburn, permanent fog of the brain, etc. 
  • The Runner has done a remarkable job keeping her head above two or three situations that would have dinged up other people--situations where she was being implicitly asked to take a side, and where she adroitly managed to not get dragged in. 
  • The week of dreaded clutch repair on the 2001 CR-V ended up costing a paltry $215 . . . felt like getting an extra paycheck!

1 comment:

Dad said...

Sounds like this has been quite a semester for you and I know you are glad to have some time to rest and recuperate. I hope the trip to Florida will help in this process. It is great to know that the cost of the repair of the CRV was not too bad. I took my car in for an oil change the other day and ended up paying almost $400. Not a pleasant time. Thus the lesson in buying a used car that obviously was never serviced by the previous owner. Blessings on you son and hoping you are getting some much needed rest.