1.31.2011

In which Piers is told, "you're a good boy."


















I got the phone call last night from my esteemed colleague and chair of my department tenure & promotion committee DP:  he said that the decision to forward my name for tenure and promotion was unanimous.  This is the first of about five steps the application has to go through, but a crucial one.

Today during the day I noticed that some of my colleagues kinda did a stutter step or double-take when they got near me...I wasn't surprised.  MEC, whose office is right next to mine, said some very kind things about me and about how the meeting went--how almost everyone in the room had something positive to say.  She is glad for me, I'm pretty sure.  At any rate, she ended our conversation by saying, "you're a good boy."  I thought it was sweet.

One step closer.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Yes, you are a good boy and more than that you are a great man! Mom and I are so proud of you son and grateful that others see the same thing we do when they deal with you. We share your joy in this good news and will anxiously wait with you as all the other steps are covered. Your colleagues at Samford and UNC will also be proud for the part they played in your professional development. Dare I say even Faith Academy had something to do with this. Most of all it is your personal character and discipline that make this a reality. So congratulations son and we will pray all the rest will go just as well.

MOM said...

Congratulations on this news! Though I am not surprised, it is so great to have this confirmed at this point in the process. We are proud of you, of your accomplishments, of your great joy in teaching, but more importantly,of the excellent man you have become. It is your character that makes all the rest happen...of course, talent and natural God-given ability has much to do with it also. You are a man of integrity, of purpose, of principle. I love you, my son.