1.21.2010

Training

















One of the things I'm trying to do this winter is not get caught in the trap I've been caught in every other winter:  going all of January through March without hardly getting on the bike at all.  I've been pretty regular this month about getting on my trainer, and I'm forcing myself to continue the habit. (62 miles so far this month; I tend to do it in ten mile chunks).  Riding inside is boring as hell, but at least this way I'm not playing catch up (as much) in April and May when I start riding outside again.  I actually did go out this past Sunday (it was just warm enough), and though the wind was pretty stiff, I thought I did a respectable 11.5 miles. 

It may also help that once the weather warms up, I'll be riding to work as well.  Perhaps. 

No comments: