5.07.2009

Chasing Rabbits



















It's evaluation time!

**One student wrote me a selection from Lewis Carroll!
to wit:
The time has come, the walrus said,
To talk of many things;
of ships, and sails, and sealing wax,
Of cabbages and kings.
and included a cartoon.

**I'm getting dinged for being too scatterbrained and distracted at times. If only they knew why.

**I'm "uber flamboyant." But I keep the feather boas at home, thank goodness.

**I need to include more star wars references. What, Spaceballs and Star Trek not enough for ya?

**This one means a whole lot to me: "Dr. Hill led me away from trying to be overly sophisticated when I write. I always thought that was a good thing but now I realize I've been mistaken. Thanks Dr. Hill!"

**"I bet some students didn't understand the random pop culture references. For them I say know your 80's!"

**I got one eval consisting entirely of stick cartoons.

**I do not get my feathers ruffled when there are two giant chickens in class (true story!)

**And there's this one, which I don't know what to make of: "It is UTM's priviledge to employ a prof. as fine as Dr. Hill is. He has been on of the most influencial beings in my life, and I am honored to have been in his classes. I cannot praise him enough." surely, this is mere flattery, right?

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Just say "NO" to Star Wars references. Spaceballs and Star Trek by far pwn the Star Wars.

I'll be nice about the "uber flamboyant" comment.

Most of your students weren't even born in the 80's; most of them were born in 1990. I was born in '86.

Piers said...

I think I know who called me "uber flamboyant," but I'll keep my theory to myself. hehehe