3.01.2009

Blithe















"Beauty no other thing is than a beam
Flashed out between the middle and extreme."
--Herrick

Things I'm Enjoying, Presently:
1. cinnamon rolls
2. poetry
3. the feeling of hoisting up into the saddle of my bike (which needs a name)
4. the very first taste of a cold pint
5. the golden light of the first few minutes of sunrise
6. Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog
7. Hearing Little Red and the Little Boy make each other laugh
8. Zippy
9. Recordings from the much-maligned 80's iteration of Rush
10. Wii Tennis

**
5. Here I reposed; but scarce well set,
A grove descried
Of stately height, whose branches met
And mixed on every side;
I entered, and once in
(Amazed to see't),
Found all was changed, and a new spring
Did all my senses greet.

6. The unthrift sun shot vital gold
A thousand pieces,
And heaven its azure did unfold
Checkered with snowy fleeces;
The air was all in spice
And every bush
A garland wore; thus fed my eyes,
But all the earth lay hush.

--Vaughan, from "Regeneration"

No comments: