3.25.2009

shrunken


I think something's wrong with me.   Yes, yes--I'm sure we can all think about several ways in which that's true.  But this one is a new one, or maybe a new manifestation of an old one:  in addition to the weight loss, which hasn't gotten any worse or any better (I'm getting more comments about it--my favorite being, "eat a sandwich!"), I'm experiencing tremors that sometimes turn into full-fledged shakes.  Occasionally a part of my body will just spasm.  But that is not all!  I also really think my brain is moving more slowly than normal.  Sometimes I just can't seem to pay attention to what's going on around me.  Other times, I simply can't think.  At times, I'll sit at my desk and do . . . nothing.  And I can't seem to shake it off.  And honestly I feel as weak as a preschooler.  I'm pretty sure I look it too.

I know I'm not able to have coffee, but it's been 5 months...withdrawal ain't an issue.  I'm sleeping as much as I can.  I don't know what the heck the deal is.  One thing is the case:  I'm not in any emotional distress right now.  Work seems to be going well enough, I've gotten several bits of good news--some even thrilling, really--and my job is secure.   My body just seems to have changed the rules on me.  Or something.  It may be time to jettison the "Li."  

Oh, and I have to get this mop cut.  Driving me nuts.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

welcome to my life (the first part, minus the weight loss!)