3.18.2009

jots















When the daily post gets kinda more like every-other-day, that's when you know that things are just a little hairy in our corner of West Tennessee. Over the weekend it was of course all about The Little Boy and his adventures at our Local Hospital. He was never in any real danger, but it took a long time before they were comfortable sending him home. There were some real kindnesses done us, thank goodness, because over the break I had come to hate this place.

I'm mostly recovered from that, and I think that every sunny day where the landscape gets greener helps make one more charitably disposed.

**
Went to hear the senior voice recital of a former student last night; lovely evening. She was expressive and warm in her singing and in her physical presence. She's also a distance runner and whip-smart, so there's three levels of impressive.

**
I've noticed something that bothers me; I've probably mentioned it before. I have a terrible time concentrating. The way it affects me right now: I've got a list of books I want to read, but in every case I just can't seem to generate the mental energy necessary to start a challenging book. And even when I am reading, it's like my mind walks off on me, leaving me reading-but-not-reading. And the thing is, since reading is so central to my life (as it always has been), this is somewhat of a big deal to me. If I had to take a guess, I'd point to my drug regimen. But who knows.

**
Too short, not enough interesting content. Well, maybe we'll fare better tomorrow. But it's late, and I've got an 8:00 in the morning. So.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=fp_feat_5&listing_id=22472205

^ you need.