3.16.2009

Gots nuthin'















The past 10 days have been awful. Unremittingly, mercilessly awful. It's been too much to process, too much to keep on top of. Hence the silence--I don't know what to say. And even if I did, I'm not sure I'd have time to get it down.

At least tonight, in a few minutes, The Little Boy will come home from the hospital and we can put that adventure to bed. (Incidentally, the sight of a young child in a hospital bed--hooked up to an IV--is pretty heartbreaking) There's more, of course (there's always more, isn't there?)--but that will have to wait for another time when I'm not quite so wrung out, like a sponge or a dishrag. Tomorrow will have adventures of its own, I'm sure.

Thanks to all who expressed concern.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

My sweet Little Red was in the hospital? How can this be? He needs me right now.

Piers said...

haha, no--not Little Red, though he did have a horrible week himself w/strep and a stomach bug--it was the four-year-old :)

Lindsey said...

Oh, I get confused sometimes. (The Little Boy & Little Red...)

That sickness is going around... I was sick all break and I'm still sick! :(

I hope they both feel better soon... poor babies! :(