3.30.2006

When all else fails, mow the grass

Finally got the mower working yesterday, thanks to the advice of the father-in-law and the two guys building the house next door. Like Redcross Knight, who takes three days to defeat the dragon, yet only manages to win because of heavenly grace, I took three days to triumph over the lawn tractor. . . yet only managed to do that because of the help of friends & neighbors.

Still, I may not be able to teach effectively, but I can drive a lawn tractor! I think I love mowing the grass (and, in our case, the various weeds, dandelions, clover) because this is one thing I can do where the results are immediate, tangible, aesthetically pleasing. Doesn't hurt that it's outdoors, either.

1 comment:

blakbuzzrd said...

I envy you that tractor, mechanical problems and all. You know, you should run down to the Feed & Seed and pick up some cup holders to mount on the side and/or top of that thing.

What?

No, I'm serious. There's a reason they call it "lawnmowing beer." It tastes great while you're mowing the lawn.