8.25.2011

Corn Dust
















As this first week of class arrived, I began to feel like I had a tickle in the throat (uh oh . . . ), then a bit of a sniffle (daaaangit), then a full-fledged catarrh (aw for heaven's sake).  And then it struck me:  around this time every year, I start having to add Nasonex to my drug regime so that I can counter an allergy flare-up caused by . . . the drying-up corn & all the dust/mold/etc that it's releasing as it gets harvested.  It takes a couple of days (and yesterday I lost my voice in the second of my three classes), but once I get the dosage caught up, things improve.

The Youngest had been having some "walking pneumonia," so I'm glad it wasn't that.

I don't have time to be sick this time of year . . . September and October are extraordinarily busy months, culminating in the pig pickin (less than two months away!)

1 comment:

Dad said...

Stay well my son! I am so sorry you have to deal with this every year especially at this busy time. We are really looking forward to the pig pickin this year. So hang in there and I hope each day will get better!!