8.11.2010

Today's moment of WTF

Let me simplify your policy: 
If you're not hauling more than your own ass, DON'T USE GOLF CARTS.


...brought to you by various  numbskulls at my institution. 

A few minutes ago, I walked down to the university center, and saw two regular golf carts, one gator, and one deluxe 6-8 seater "golf cart" parked outside the doors.  I can guarantee you that they were there because people drove them to lunch.  Were they on "University Business"?  no.  Were they carrying heavy items?  other than their own swollen bellies, no.  Were they feeling awfully good about themselves as they drove across campus?  You bet. 

We're going to get preached at & preached at about sacrifice and budgets and what not this academic year, because like it or not, Higher Ed may soon have to see its Bubble burst. (expect to see more about this in this space.  Well, not this one, but this blog).  And yet, we'll keep fueling up those damn golf carts. 

I'll believe it's a crisis when the people telling me it's a crisis start acting like it's a crisis. 

No comments: