7.27.2009

Who knows what the flight of future days may bring?























"He does nothing that endeavors to do more than is allowed to humanity."


As July rounds to its close, and we've completed our summer "agenda," so to speak, I'm left wondering where it all went. Naturally, I also start wondering what the next season will bring, which may account for my anxiety dreams, my overnight teeth-clenching, the taste of stomach acid that I've experienced most of the day today. There are some more rigorous academic and scholarly demands on me this year, all the more so given what happened last Fall. I've got some other new things I want to try, chief among them an attempt to create a real community of students . . . maybe a reading group is in order, meeting bi-weekly or something? A lot depends on the schedule September presents.

Speaking of which, a year ago I would never have imagined that two months later I'd be as low as I ended up being. I anticipate a far better academic year . . . at least I know myself a lot better--there's something in that.

Still, we never know exactly what's around the bend, do we?

No comments: