7.08.2009

How I made the day count



















So I was prepared to spend the morning writing and reading, then using the sander to work on the swingset (I looked at Little Red's foot the other day, and to my dismay it was full of splinters). The others were about to head out the door to the library, when The Big Brother peeked back in the door and piped, "Daddy, can you come with us?" Well, I had things planned, but he was pretty convincing. So we went to the library, then several other places around town.

Went to the office for the afternoon, where I read some on Shakespeare.

Came home & pruned the roses.

Exercised tonight, too.

Day One of the Rest of my Summer: so far, so good.

(illustration from James Joyce)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hard to deny that sweet Big Brother face. And you did get some reading done at the library -- maybe not what you had planned but same activity. This is what free time and summer is about. Enjoy when you can and you'll get around to the swingset soon. You're a good Daddy. M-I-L