7.01.2009

Things that are awesome, Vol. 7



















The Striped Tie.

Hard to go wrong with a striped tie. It can be colorful, but it doesn't scream "LOOK AT ME" like a garish paisley or something. Don't get me wrong, I like dots, and muted repeating patterns, but they tend to be . . . muted. I don't need a lot of help in that category with what I wear. Stripes allow you to show some panache without looking like you're trying too hard.

Works well with bow ties, as well.

Of course, I say all this knowing full well that I've never been able to buy or wear a tie in my life without the guidance of someone who isn't colorblind.

(picture and main link thanks to Julian's, the iconic Chapel Hill men's store--which is linked to the famous Tar Heel argyle that I featured a while ago.)

No comments: