7.14.2006

Well, that settles it, don't it?

I'd write about my agreements and disagreements with this article, because I found it both interesting and perplexing, but evidently to do so would be to fall into the trap of questioning Professor Balmer's "evangelical credentials." In fact, note from the very first that he inoculates himself against disagreement by using the Galactic Emperor defense: I have forseen it!!

Wehell then.

I was glad to note, though, that he has full assurance that there's still time for James Dobson--even The James Dobson!--to be redeemed. How charitable of him.

For the record, I'm sure Jesus is not a Republican. Or a Democrat or a member of the Green Party or the Netroots or the Libertarian Party or the John Birch Society. Or even--*gasp*--a citizen of the 21st century! In fact, I'm fairly certain he wouldn't have voted for any of our current officials, since his last recorded physical act on this planet was during the Pax Romana.

No comments: