7.14.2006

In which Piers gets More Information than he wants

Sitting in my office on a late afternoon this week, door open. Student walks into the office suite, moans that a colleague's door is closed. "Hey," he says, "do you know when Dr. _____ will be in?"

He said he would be back on Friday.

"Really? Because I need to talk to him about a grade."

. . .

"I got two A's and three B's in his class, and he gave me a B, so I need to see if I can work something out."

. . .

"I'd like to have an A in the class, y'know."

. . .

"So I just want to talk to him. If I can't, that's okay, but I'd just like to talk to him."

. . .

"Did you say he would be back on Friday?"

He said he would be back on Friday.

"I'll just come back then."

Sounds like a good idea.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

...and I got three Cs and a B in my other classes for the semester. Do you think I should talk to those profs too? I mean, I would like to have all As but I don't know what the problem is. I really work and try hard but I guess they don't see that I work as hard as I do. Do you know when those profs might be in too? I think ...

Piers said...

What I want to say: "look at this face. Does this look like a face that cares? hmmmm?"

hayumbone said...

LOL. Poor student. Hoping to garner compassion by proxy (or something). He obviously didn't realize that he couldn't have found a less sympathetic audience.

You've gotten snarkier with your new-found power, Piers.

blakbuzzrd said...

"See this, anonymous student? This is my 'carved of unfeeling stone' face."

Awesome.