7.08.2013

Monday Update, Post Florida Edition

























It is difficult to pick up where I left off about three weeks ago in my office work.  It is especially difficult in my case because once I have deviated from my routine, it takes me a long time to get started again.  I am a slow starter anyway.

I'm pretty good once I get wound up, but it takes a little while to get there.

Number One Son had a rite of passage yesterday--he, Little Red, and Lefty were playing in the field out behind our house, and apparently they strayed too close to a wasp nest that was up under a rock.  From inside the house, we heard bloodcurdling shrieking, running out to see that he had been zapped about six times.  The other two escaped unscathed.  Once he had calmed down, we were able to say, "well, you've been stung by a bunch of wasps.  It hurts.  But also, you didn't die from it!"

This after he had a bike crash on Saturday.

Number One is also apparently in a growth spurt.  His recent performances at the dinner table (and lunch and breakfast too) have been impressive.  This is good--maybe he and Little Red won't be wearing all the same undies and shorts when school starts. 

The Runner continues to hit the bike riding pretty hard.  I am glad that she has this to do, because the running isn't happening this summer--and because the running club is a source of major stress and frustration for her right now.  She and the neighbor, though, can get out and scoot for their hour or so, and they come back all smiles.  The only downside (or is it an upside?):  There is an absurd number of bikes in my garage.  I need a second garage for the actual automobiles.

No comments: