7.23.2013

In which Piers stands Janus-like
























I have been using some of my time to do some reading and writing this week, since I'm alone in NWTN while my other family members live it up in big cities.  The above is something that has been rattling around in my head for the past couple of days, so I jotted it down and realized several things:

1.  This could actually be a reasonably useful book.
2.  This could be a book I could actually write.
3.  This is a book that could tie together everything I've studied for the past 15 years.
4.  This is a scary proposition.

I wrote the following in my journal this morning, before I got to the other writing of the day:
It looks like I'm on the verge of the first of several really difficult but absolutely necessary choices. It could be that the next phase of my life requires that I give up the security of what I've built up for myself here.
I followed up that thought with the (typically pessimistic) phrase "maybe I'm not up to it." But I kinda think I have to be.  Here as the Great Liminal Summer winds to a close, I am being (divinely?) called to take greater risks than I've ever taken. I'm a little frightened.

No comments: