7.22.2013

Monday Update, Bachelor Edition





















Just me and the animals this week.  The Runner is off seeing her mom, and the three children are down in Atlanta visiting my parents.  This means that the house is very quiet, except when The Mutt decides that she needs some kind of attention.  She has actually been pretty needy for the past couple of days . . . she tends to get uneasy when The Runner isn't around.  She sits in the front room a lot and keeps a lookout.

I have set for myself an ambitious program of chores and work related tasks in order to pass the time while everyone is gone.  One of the major projects is to clean out the room inhabited by Number One and Little Red.  It's a horror-show in there.  After spending some time going through their toy drawers, I have a better understanding of why they find it so hard to clean up; they are utterly overwhelmed.  I predict at least one huge trash bag being toted out of there.

Amazing how much time this summer has been devoted to things directly related to house/yard maintenance, or to the three boys.   And of course now that The Runner is going the triathlon route, that's another thing for us to keep in mind.  I am totally impressed with how strong, fast, and fearless she is. It's inspiring.

No comments: