1.16.2012

Monday Update, MLK Edition



















Looks like they roped me in after all.  After not hearing anything for several weeks, I thought the sunday school class thing was done.  But yesterday the pastor grabbed me and they were relieved to have me agree to start teaching next Sunday.  I figure it'll work out okay until I say something too heterodox. Ha! Ha! Just kidding!

I wouldn't have agreed to do it--especially given my tenuous relationship with Baptist polity these days--but that class really needs a teacher in the worst way.

Number One Son continues to exhibit the strangest behavior!  For one thing, his front tooth is so loose that it's starting to make him look like Cletus from over in the holler.  Or Larry the Cucumber.  But it's like there's this enormous amount of energy that he can barely control, and when he's wild, he sets the other two off.  Mealtimes are especially chaotic.

Classes start in earnest tomorrow.  Last week was a false start, really.  I'm excited about that part, really.  The rest of the responsibilities are really weighing on me.  I honestly don't feel up to them.  Not sure if it's a reasonable or valid reaction to the realities here, but that's where things stand at least.

I'm reminding myself to be thankful this week--for my gainful employment, for my students, for my healthy children, for harmonious relationships with parents and in-laws.  So many people don't get to enjoy these things.

Two guiding principles:  adulthood demands that you work even with the less-than-ideal, and that you learn to invest yourself wisely. 





No comments: