1.13.2012

here we goooooooo




















With the start of the semester always comes a welter of mixed feelings. . . glad to be back at work and relating to (most of) my students again.  It's fun to see them a second or third semester.  I'm glad to see (most of) my colleagues as well.  The regularity of a semester schedule is good for me.

This semester, even more than in most cases, I have to learn (or keep learning) the art of investing my time wisely.  There are too many things to see to, and I honestly cannot get to them all in a given day.  I've got Peter Parker's problem, but in the inverse:  I have great responsibility, but I'm not so sure about the great power bit!  Which is why, again, I should think less about spending myself and more about investing myself . . . in people and projects that can actually bear fruit.  And to do so without guilt that I should be doing better.

No comments: