10.03.2011

Monday Update, Happy Birthday to The Runner Edition


















Today is The Runner's birthday.  I've had the boys sing to her multiple times, and she got to open her presents early this morning (so she could use them on her run).

I spent all day yesterday--the part not at church, I mean--grading papers.

Speaking of church, The Runner and I sat through our first "new members" sunday school class yesterday . . . probably the first time in almost a year that we've attended any sunday school class at all.  It was fine.  Did you know that there's an "A-C-T-S" method of prayer inspired by the Lord's Prayer?

Those refs should have caught that fumble return for a touchdown in the 3rd quarter during the Bama-Florida game rather than absolutely blowing the call.  That way, the Gator quarterback would have been off the field and not bent like a pretzel on the next play.  I feel awful for the guy.

Uncle B and the two girls--and Grammie--came for a rare visit on Saturday!  We had a good time.  Little Miss K really liked the kitties.  Little Miss B wasn't too sure about them, especially big ol' Sidney.  That was okay by him . . . he wasn't too sure about her either.

I have expressed some frustration with my colleague before, but this weekend he posted something online that was so inane that I just threw my hands up in exhaustion.  I'm not going to worry about it anymore . . . let Grill be Grill.

I never rest.  It's when you take the time to sit and rest that the tree swallows you; that Orgoglio comes crashing through the underbrush; that you get overtaken and ruined.

No comments: