10.26.2011

In which Piers gets a little . . . exercised























 I am not an irascible person by nature.  I am not overly confrontational, and I try very hard to give people the benefit of the doubt.  I was taught how to behave.  I have cultivated compassion and empathy to the extent that I'm able.  I also try to remain humble and try not to shoot off at the mouth.

But ye gods, yesterday tested my resolve in ways I've not experienced in a long time.  The hits kept coming from 3:00 until about 5:30.  I know the value of self-control, but I'm afraid that when I'm a bit on the angry side, it tends to show.  Heart on the sleeve and all that.

And then there was Twitter . . . after which I swallowed the rest of it. 

The boys wondered what was up with me.  Sometimes dad has a bad day, we explained.

No comments: