9.05.2011

Monday Update, Maximum Warp Edition
























We are glad to have the issue with Number One Son that we do have.  To keep us humble, we have Little Red apparently showing some mulish tendencies in his day care class.  He does not like to be told what to do.  In this respect, he is exactly like his mother.

Speaking of Little Red, the "why would you put that in your mouth??" issue weighs heavily on us these days.  Just this past Saturday, he came in from the sandbox chewing on something.  I held out my hand and said, "what do you have in your mouth?"  He spat out this yellow foamy object and said, "earplug."  Sure enough, it was one of those foam earplugs . . . nicely swollen from all the moisture it had absorbed.  I wanted to take a picture of it, but apparently it got lost.  Probably ingested or something.

We are thinking of turning to sugar free gum for our orally-fixated child.

I have spent part of this Monday up at the office, catching up on some work that was starting to get away from me a little bit.  It has been more difficult than I had anticipated to get my feet under me this semester.  Some of it's an energy thing (I don't have much); some of it's a focus thing (what's that you're saying?); some of it's a matter of having harder work to do than before.  It's hard to be patient with myself.  I'm trying desperately to get up to speed.

We have officially branded this summer the summer of the garden FAIL.  The veggies just never seemed to thrive.  And then there was the fact that we got basically ZERO rain all of August.  Not sure what we did wrong, really.  We're looking into fall/winter crops.

I grilled/smoked a brisket for the very first time yesterday.  It worked out pretty well for a first attempt.  I would have posted that on Facebook, but I get kinda annoyed when I read statuses that provide nightly menus in exhaustive detail (you know the kind I'm talking about).  I like cooking, but I don't do it for recognition by my Facebook posse.

I was told this past week that I'm "kinda a legend" at this institution.  I didn't really know how to respond to that.



1 comment:

Malissa Jr. said...

You have a FB posse? Wow.