6.15.2011

Plans A & B



This is the way the world goes, isn't it?  I've spent a great deal of energy since the end of the spring semester in an attempt to take on some new projects, to make some adjustments to the way I've been spending my time, and so on.  More and longer bike rides.  Keeping more active during the day.  Refocusing and doubling down on my research. 

Vacation was awfully nice, even though it did make for a small hiccup in my ongoing projects (I toted the bike to FLA so that I wouldn't utterly lose momentum on all my tasks).  Now that I'm back at work 3 days a week, I find that the combination of the library closure and the construction on my office building makes it almost impossible to concentrate on any serious work for any extended period.  I'm impatient to feel like I'm making progress--not just recovering or treading water or putting out fires.

But I guess we shouldn't spend too much time waiting for circumstances to show their favor.

No comments: