6.29.2011

From January 7 to June 29















I received a letter today at work.  Relevant text below:
The board of trustees at the University of Tennessee, upon my recommendation and that of President _______, has approved your promotion to Associate Professor with tenure in the Department of English and Modern Foreign Languages at The University of Tennessee at Martin.  This action was taken at the Board's June 23, 2011, meeting to become effective August 1, 2011.
I'm gonna be crazy and go ahead & refer to myself as an associate professor a whole month early.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Good Morning Associate Professor Hill. What a great accomplishment and in my mind probably in record time. You are blessed my son and I am grateful and proud as we share your joy over this. I hope you and Weslee can find a time and place to celebrate.

MOM said...

Associate Professor Hill, it has a great sound to it! We are blessed to call you son. Now, if I could just absorb some of your brain cells, particularly in vocabulary... Love you.