4.03.2011

In which Piers makes an extra effort

I wasn't actually late--I was right on time, of course!


One of my colleagues, MEC, has a son who teaches English at some college in upstate New York.  He recently published a book on a famous murder case from this county, and has been doing something approximating a minor book tour.  He was here on Saturday, signing copies of the book at our local coffee shop.  She mentioned something on Friday about me going over there to meet him.  I sort-of absently said I would.  When the time came, I grumbled to The Runner that the last thing I want to do midday on a Saturday is spend it doing social niceties...but I went.  MEC was thrilled--nearly jumped out of her skin--when I showed up.  I was glad I had done it for her sake, just to see how glad I made her.  I like to do things like that when I can.

No comments: