12.07.2010

"In the whole wild world there's no magic place..."
















Yesterday I learned about one of my former students who had left school.  I had thought it was a financial issue.  Turns out he dropped out because he'd been caught with a significant stash of marijuana.  With intent to sell, apparently.  I hope his readmission hearing went well.  

And then, there was a conversation about some unsavory details regarding the conduct of our current Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs.  I've heard a lot of things hinted at, but this goes well beyond the ineptitude that I've heard hinted at and seen glimpses of. 

And here I am worried that my course evaluations won't be up to snuff!  Just the other night I had a dream in which I was "transferred" to UTC because I wasn't going to get tenure here.

"...so you might as well rise, put on your bravest face."  (Peart)

No comments: