11.08.2010

Mr. Mom Weekend a Qualified Success



So we boys had the run of the house while The Spouse and the Vulcan Baby went to Chicago for the Hot Chocolate 15k.  Meanwhile, Little Red developed his seasonal asthma symptoms, and the wheezing made him more frantic and hyper than usual...we're going to start monitoring his food and see if there are certain dyes, etc. that also set him off.  He got me up in the middle of the night on Friday and Saturday nights to give him an Albuterol treatment.  I was in sleep debt anyway, staying up until watching movies.  I won't say that I didn't grow in crankiness yesterday.  Meanwhile, The Kindergartner did fine at his Saturday soccer game, but by the time he got up on Sunday he was complaining of a sore throat . . . and then by the time he got home from children's choir last night, he was running a fever.  'Tis Strep, naturally. 

So we made it, but two of the three of us are limping across the finish line quite sickly.  Oh well.  I'm just glad The Spouse had a good time up in Chicago.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you, Mr. Mom. I could say that limping across the finish line is remarkable but I have confidence in your abilities -- both in and out of the classroom. M-I-L

MOM said...

I love the picture. And the picture of you three "men" having the "run of the house" is, well...scary! I know you did good! You always do,even with an occasional crankiness! Good job, Daddy!!! M/Grammie

The Spouse said...

And The Spouse is most thankful for the sacrifices you made. :) I have to add that the house was nice and tidy when I got home too and the laundry was done AND put away. You are a better homeperson than I am so what do you need me for?!? Just kidding. You did a great job and I am so very thankful. I did have a good time too!