11.11.2010

Adventures in parenting, vol. 13













The White Belt. 

The Kindergartner has now attended enough Tae Kwon Do "little ninjas" classes (yeah . . . can't do anything about the name, though) to qualify for his official white belt.  He is really enjoying the Monday and Wednesday night sessions, and I hope he'll stick with it.  I could have used something like this when I was his age...something to give me confidence and bodily discipline (at least as much as a six year old can have such a thing). 

He had to go to his AWANA class* at church directly after, but absolutely didn't allow me to change him back into his regular clothes.  He wasn't about to take off that belt.


*AWANA at this church is led by a "Commander."  Are we for real?  Vests with decorations and "commanders"? What, was the whole thing made up by a third grader?

No comments: