9.23.2010

thou mak'st my cheek blanch--

















--with rage, not fear.  what follows is an email from one of my students in my upper level Shakespeare class (who has already complained about the work):
 HI. I was wondering if I could possibly do one of my papers a little different. I'm currently reading young adult literature to add to a class library and I think some of it could really tie in to Shakespeare. Could I possibly do a paper on bridging that gap and how I might could use it in the classroom? It would be much more applicable to me than researching genre three times. I've already had all my praxis and I think out of 3 tests there were 2 questions on genre.

Let's set aside the wrong part of speech at the end of that first sentence.   This would be fine . . . IF I GAVE A FLYING FARK ABOUT THE FARKING PRAXIS. HULK SMASH

I'm trying to teach you a rigorous Shakespeare class, not some "how to apply Shakespeare to your life" class. 

Probably not the week to ask me a question like this. 

No comments: