6.18.2008

Budget "Crisis"

I understand that state budgets fluctuate.  But what chaps me is when I see that every non-academic department on this campus has multiple Gators, golf carts, etc., and that they're all being driven by folks who apparently aren't hauling a thing.  Just today I watched a couple of students cruising around in a Gator, and for the life of me I don't think they were actually doing anything other than cruising.  Our chancellor says we're all making sacrifices.  I'm happy to keep my computer for another year rather than have it replaced this summer.  But I wonder how much all those golf carts cost.  I'll believe we're in a real crisis when those who tell me it's a crisis start acting like it's a crisis.  Right now, it seems like a matter of chooosing to spend money in one place over another.

And get off my lawn!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that the people driving these things could use a little less driving and a little more walking too. That is ugly, I know, sorry if I offend. When there are perfectly healthy 18 year old driving around the corner (seriously 100 yards or so) to go to the Mexican place...please! That was my rant. I'll step down now.