8.22.2007

"Yesterday, while you were out. . . "

We had our annual University and College Faculty Meetings yesterday--I was present for the former, but left before the latter began because, well, let's just say I had a little fuzz-related problem to clear up.

While conspicuously absent from the meeting, I received an award from the College of Humanities and Fine Arts:

Outstanding Junior Faculty Member of the Year

Naturally, I was not there to accept the plaque. Got it on my wall now, though! I did get the "matter" dismissed as well.

3 comments:

Paul Marchbanks said...

That's awesome, Piers. Congratulations!

hayumbone said...

Congrats on your award, Chris! So glad your hard work -- your efforts with your students (including Chaucer!) and within your department -- have been recognized!

Unknown said...

Awesome! Why didn't you mention this??? So darn humble. :) We must fix that.