8.08.2007

Shades of Allen Hill

Every once in a while, I come out with a phrase that sounds so much like my father that W and I both stop and say, at the same time, "that's an Allen Hill!"

The most recent one I've been blurting out without thinking about it:

"Golly Moses!"

(the 'golly'--pronounced 'gaaaa-leeee' is the foundational Allen Hillism; various secondary epithets get added as necessary). Those of you who know will laugh; those of you who don't will wonder why the heck I bothered to post this. Ah, well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess I always wondered what kind of an influence I would be on my children. Not only did I give them some great noses but some "Allen Hillisms" to keep them going during the difficult moments of life.

Got a great kick out of this one Chris. I am sure some who know us well will understand.

Love Ya!